What Risks Are You Willing to Take?
If you have landed on my website and are reading this, you are meant to be here. Things do not happen by accident. One of my favorite quotes to this day is still,
“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. When the student is truly ready, the teacher will disappear.”~Lao Tzu.
Over the years, I have mentored, trained, hired, and supervised assistants in Corporate America and for my business. After many requests to do so, I have decided to share my experience with you. I will partner with you on this journey of growth and encourage you to take a giant leap of faith in what you love to do. I will offer a unique blend of coaching and share with you tips and training to take you to your next level. I will help you to recognize your potential even if you do not see it now.
“At the center of your being, you have the answer. You know who you are, and you know what you want” ~ Lao Tzu.
Since COVID hit, our entire world has been turned upside down. My heart goes out to all that this has impacted. I have seen a considerable increase in the need for Virtual Assistants because of COVID. Even when our world goes back to the way it was many companies will still use VAs because they have learned over the past year that skilled assistants can work from home, thus saving them money and even time.
I have found that everybody is a virtual assistant over the past year as I purse through job platforms. I now joke with potential clients that I have been working virtually way before COVID and way before it was cool! But if you have not worked from home before or have not been a VA long, there is a big adjustment in your lifestyle! It takes discipline, hard work, a good plan of action, goals, and you need to know where and how to look for work. Working from home is not for everyone.
Where will this course lead you?
This course will be ideal for VAs looking to perfect their craft, those interested in being their boss and making more money, individuals wishing to become a successful VA, men and women in a career transition. It’s not just about finding your next gig but looking deeper under the surface, which will open more pathways for you.
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ~ Lao Tzu.
Coaching sessions may cover the following items:
- Exploring the world of Virtual Administrative work
- Expand your mind – what are your passions and strengths? What is your perfect career?
- Creating a resume that grabs attention
- Where to find clients and successfully navigate those waters
- What questions to ask clients – this should be not only a time they interview you, but you interview them
- Roadblocks I have hit and what I did
- When to say no to a client that wants to hire you
- What questions to ask clients and signs to pay attention to indicate they are not a good fit for you.
- Employee vs. Contractor
- Applying for a FEIN
- Business write-offs
- Guest speaker to discuss your logo, websites, business card, and the importance of each
- Staying on top of technology. Tools I use that are free or inexpensive
- How I manage stress and self-care
- Q&A after each class
- Zoom 101 training